Saturday 2 December 2006

So now it is December...

In a way the year has gone fast and in other ways quite slowly.

This time last year we had only just lodged our expression of interest to adopt again and were waiting for the Adoption Unit to send us the application forms (which of course took them weeks - but then that was the first of the delays).

January saw the start of our homestudy and in March - 4 years and 1 day after approval to adopt our first daughter - we were approved to adopt again. Paperchase was fast but then we had to wait for our batch to form and weren't DTC until mid June.

In many ways the 5 and a bit months since then have flown, in other ways it hasn't. So much has happened at work since then but not knowing how long it will be till allocation makes 'career' planning difficult.

Our daughter is just about to finish pre-school for the Christmas holidays and of course we are already making plans for the new school year. In a way this helps to break the wait down a little - by the time she returns to preschool we will be another 2 months down.

I am being (trying to be) more sanguine about the wait this time but I still felt acute disappointment that this month we again did not see the wait stabilise. If they continue to allocate 14 'calendar' LIDs per month we are looking a 26 month wait (which of course is slap bang in the middle of the Beijing Olypmics - what wrinkles will that put in the program). But then we still have to get through the 'big' months of October and November 2005 and I really think that that will see a drop in the number of LIDs matched. Lets hope when we get into the 2006 LIDs we will see some stabilisation (if not before).

But each day that passes is one day closer. One day at a time...

4 comments:

Lisa and Shane said...

I hear you my friend - I have also had a hard time with the last CCAA update... I think along with Christmas coming, and a 'kinda' significant birthday not too far away - the potential reality is hard to swallow. As you say one day... Lisa xx

Magnolia's Friend said...

Dear Lisa and Shane
Christmas is always difficult (but then so are birthdays, Mother's Day, Father's Day, any day)- Christmas is all about children or at least children enjoy it so much - and it is so hard when you are waiting for your little one to share it with. But it will happen - and one day you too will be woken up at the crack of dawn to see if Santa has been.

Just think another day down, and only 2 days until you hit the 6 month mark!

Here is to wishing our lives away waiting for the call!

Kathryn said...

Hi. My DH and I are also LID 6/2006 and are wondering if it will be 2008 before we meet our dear baby girl. Will you email me? I'd love to chat.

Magnolia's Friend said...

Dear ChrisKat
Yes I would email you but unfortunately I do not have an address and I have checked your profile and I can't see a way of contacting you.

As the Blog is 'moderated' - ie I have to agree to publish the comment or not - how about you send me a post with your email address in it. I will see it to use but I won't publish your email address.