Tuesday 21 November 2006

5 months since LID

Well today it is 5 months since our file was logged in at the CCAA. I guess the big question is 'how much longer?'

I thought the 14 months we waited for our first daughter was long but it looks like we may well and truly exceed that this time. The wait is currently just under 15 months from LID. However, unless the CCAA is able to refer whole months of LIDs the wait won't stabilise and will continue to increase.

I have to say I am trying to be far more sanguine this time (although my husband says I am obsessed - he obviously has trouble remembering how I was last time). I was very stressed with our first wait and that was in large part a fear that it would never happen and we wouldn't be able to parent a child. And then we had the two months SARS shutdown just as our referral was due. But of course history shows it did happen.

And even though things are moving at a snails pace at least they are moving forward, which is more than can be said when the SARS shutdown was in place.

I also think that I am busier this time - working full-time, looking after my daughter, a husband, 3 cats and a new puppy takes up my time. I also have a heavy commitment in time to local adoption activities. And then there is working to raise money for children still in China. So there never seems to be a really quiet moment these days. And that leaves me less time to brood.

2 comments:

Lisa and Shane said...

Congrats on 5 months - as you know we are just ahead of you - and will be happy to hit 6 months LID in early December. Love the blog!

Lisa

Magnolia's Friend said...

Thanks for visiting, Lisa and Shane. Glad you like the blog. Yet another outlet to keep an idle mind busy (mine that is). Hope the bushfires are a long way from you.